Sunday 25 November 2018

The Way of Holy One

Psalm 25:1-10 

I turn to you, Holy One,
my deepest, truest, self.

I trust in you, Holy One:
shelter me from shame.

We trust in you, Holy One: 
shelter us from shame. 

I learn from you, Holy One;
teach me your Way of Love.

I hope in you, Holy One,
my liberation, justice, truth.

we hope in you, Holy One, 
our liberation, justice, truth. 

Remember, please, Holy One,
your enduring mercy and lovingkindness.

Do not remember, Holy One,
please, my turning from your Way.

Remember us, Holy One,
in the light of your mercy and love. 

You are good, Holy One,
good and generous and just.

Teach the humble, Holy One,
what is right, and good, and just.

Teach the humble, Holy One,
lead us to walk your path. 

Your paths alone, Holy One,
are the paths of faithful lovingkindness.

All who follow Holy Ones’ Way
will find steadfast, life-giving love.

Teach us to walk, Holy One, 
your way of justice, kindness, love. 
Amen

Every third stanza could be spoken by the people together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment