Sunday 23 June 2019

Who but Holy One?


Psalm 77: 1–3, 11–20 

When I am troubled, I call to Holy One;
I call aloud to Holy One from my distress.

When my soul refuses comfort,
when my spirit faints, I cry to Holy One.

For even then, I remember Holy One;
Holy One is the God of wondrous strength.

Even then, I meditate on the only Holy One,
who is holy, who redeems, who remembers.

Waters see Holy One and tremble;
the sky cries, roars, flashes arrows all around.

From above Holy One inspires awe:
whirlwinds and thunder, torrents and hailstorms.

Earth itself shakes with fear of Holy One,
waters obey your guiding hand.

I cry to Holy One for my troubled soul, to
Holy One who bought the people out of captivity.

I call aloud to Holy One from my distress:
for who but Holy One can save me?

No comments:

Post a Comment