Monday 10 June 2019

Wisdom's call


Proverbs 8:1–4, 22–31 



Hear Wisdom call
in the central squares and main street marches,
from desert heart to ocean depth:

I call to you, my people;
I cry to all that has life.

At the beginning, and long before,
I was: I was with Creator.
Before the depths, before the springs,
I was: before even water.
Before mountains had shape, before
hills arose, I was: before earth and soil.

I was there when Creator spread
the heavens wide; for the lifting of the sky.
I was there when fountains flowed
rivers and seas, and for the marking of their edges.
I was dancing the joyful song, weaving
rhythm through the fabric of it all!
I was there, with Creator and Spirit
Breath, Holy Partners making life!

Now, my children, listen to me,
joy comes in keeping my ways.
Feel the rhythm Wisdom plays,
pay attention to what I teach.
Follow me, Creator's Partner, Spirit's
friend, follow and find true life;
for I will lead you true, my children,
into the heart of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment