Sunday 8 September 2019

the search for home

Part 1. 
Luke 15:1–10 

I am the lost sheep,
distracted, tempted
by what seemed greener. 

Jesus, search for me,
and bring me home. 

I am the lost coin,
discarded, neglected
as little, too little. 

Jesus, search for me
and help me shine. 

I am the grumbler,
disturbed, incensed
at your welcome of – 'them'. 

Jesus, search for me,
show me your way. 

Amen 


Part 2. 
Luke 15:11–32 

I am the lost son,
discontented, impatient
to be my own person. 

Jesus, search for me,
return me to Home. 

I am the lost son,
disheartened though granted
all I need and more. 

Jesus, search for me, 
bring my love Home. 

I am the lost parent,
dejected, incomplete,
a child turned from me. 

Jesus, search with me,
bring my children Home. 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment