Sunday 23 February 2020

Psalm 32

Joy is ours, who know ourselves forgiven;
joy is ours with honest spirits. 

In silent groans my body wasted away,
my strength depleted as by the droughts of summer;

then I turned my face to you,
told you all my heart needed to confess.

Your forgiveness fell like long-awaited rain:
I opened my arms, my mouth, my all, to drink!

Faithful friends, I say to you, offer your prayers – 
in your distress, remember Holy One is near. 

Holy One, you are my refuge, my shelter,
in you I find liberation from my shackles.

I will show you the way my child,
I watch, and I will guide you. 

Don't be like unruly mules and horses
whose temper must be curbed with bit and bridle.

The way of wickedness brings only torment – 
trust in me and I will surround you with my love. 

Find joy, you faithful, with Holy One! 
Rejoice in right relationship, in life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment