Saturday 11 April 2020

Holy Saturday Vigil

Psalm 31:1–4, 15–16



I withdraw into the embrace of Holy One:
comfort for pain,
healing for dis-ease,
nurture for weary bones

I trust in the justice and mercy of Holy One:
wisdom for life,
honour and dignity for all,
forgiveness, hope, peace

Holy One hears my cry:
sorrow
grief
loneliness
despair

My defence against attack is the love of Holy One:
I stand tall, feet planted
in Divine soil;
I thrive, drinking
Holy water

My courage rises when I stand in the right Way of Holy One:
Wisdom has shown
the path to rich life,
and there I follow

When I feel trapped, I look to Holy One for my freedom:
Holy One redeems their people
again and again; rescues,
and restores to right
relationship for healing and hope

I trust in the justice and mercy of Holy One:
wisdom for life,
honour, dignity for all,
forgiveness, hope, peace

No comments:

Post a Comment