Sunday 9 September 2018

She calls

Proverbs 1:20–33 

On the main street at noon,
when the pavement is crowded,
vendors hustling, consumers
bustling, dealers wheeling,
printers reeling – one voice
rises above it all, one
woman strides her own path through.

Wisdom is here again,
calling to all who will listen:
'How long? How long, my guileless
children, will you choose to remain
in the dark? How long
remain naive, how long will you keep
your ignorance? Listen to me!
I would give you all I have –
if you would listen, turn, follow.

'I laugh at your stumbling, for I
would have helped you to stand.
I mock at your drowning, for I
would have calmed the storm.

'Listen, my children, please
listen to me: you can live
at ease, find peace,
if you would only listen
when Wisdom calls to you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment