Sunday 29 August 2021

is it enough?

Mark 7:24–37 

I'm spent, don't tell them
where I am, so I may rest 

there is no hiding him: 
they know, they always know 

I'm here, spending my dignity,
hear me, save my child 

I can't. there is barely enough of me
for the children, and none for the dogs 

I am here, and with the dogs 
will take what crumbs that fall 

is that enough? what leftovers spill
out of my control? yours, not my, faith? 

hear me. see me. Jesus
Son of Holy One, kneeling at your feet

I have nothing, but what you 
have found at my feet is yours to keep 

go in peace; and so I go.
and she is found, the unclean spirit – gone! 



Assurance of Enough
Turn to God. It is enough.
Present your all. It is enough.
Receive God’s love. It is enough.
It is enough, and you will live.
Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment